Wednesday, October 29, 2008

POLITICS AND SEX

This is just ridiculous.

There are a lot of distinguishing factors that make this historic election unique from past Presidential elections - youth registration is up in staggering numbers, the impact of SNL and pop culture, the fascination with candidates lives like never before, the breakdown of stereotypes ... and then there are things like this:


A dude on the street in Time Square selling Barack Obama and John McCain condoms.

Obama's reads: "Use with good judgment" and McCain's reads "Old but not expired."

While I was tempted to buy some, I figured that probably wouldn't be the smartest idea, so I settled on some pictures instead for documentation purposes. Years from now when my kids ask me about this historical election I'll be able to say, "Yup, they were selling condoms with the candidate's picture on them back in my day."

Pretty sure I don't remember seeing these for sale four years ago. Hilarious.