Wednesday, April 30, 2008

CHLOE MADE THE TEAM!


Today I'm helping out with a story on Candace Parker, the protegy women's basketball player, famous for her dunking abilities, who is expected to bring more attenion to the WNBA and women's sports in general. I've interviews eleven different WNBA players today, I haven't moved from my desk in 12 hours and I've never had my cell phone so close to me for this long.

While I am certainly all for women's sports (I myself played varsity soccer, track and cross-country in high school), I am certainly no WNBA expert. This is why this assignment was perfect for me! The reason? I found out that my roommate from sophomore year of college made the WNBA! She signed with the Phoenix Mercury. Whooo hooo for Chloe! Chloe is gianormous. She has to be like 6'8 (for the record I just checked and she is 6'3).

Chloe and I didn't get along at all when we lived together. And I would like to take this time to apologize and take full responsibility for our disagreements. I wasn't very nice. She snored and I was 19 years-old, occasionally outspoken and I couldn't stand the snoring! There were three of us in one TINY room, because USC housing people think that putting three teenage girls in an 8X8 room is a fantastic idea. Things didn't go over so well. It ended with me sleeping in the living room and her eventually moving out.

Now Chloe has moved on to bigger and better things and I have moved on to blogging about these things. The point of this is that Chloe is a very nice girl and my friends loved her.

USC had us fill out personality surveys before setting us up with our roommates and I will still never understand the method to their madness. We were an odd combination; a 5'4 jewish white girl and a 6'3 basketball player. But we were roomies. And I will never forget my days with Chloe.