Monday, April 7, 2008

JOSH KELLY NEEDS HELP


Josh Kelly is very indecisive. His wife, actress Katherine Heigl, famously asked him to marry her (basically), she tells him what to wear, when they’ll have kids (she’s ready, he’s not), and now he can’t decide what song his next single will be - so he’s asking you!

Kelly put up a posting on his website and his Myspace asking fans to help him decide what song his next single should be by leaving him comments and messages.

“I can’t pretend that I know how to pick a single and neither can anybody,” says Kelly when I catch up with him at a recent gig in Los Angeles. “I have full control over my career and that’s one thing that I’ve been striving for for a long time is to have full control. I think we’ve come to a conclusion today. I gave them three days to help me and hopefully it’s the right one.”

Apparently he still hasn’t made a decision. I chatted with the Amazing singer on Thursday. Today is Monday. The posting is still up on both sites so perhaps he wants a little bit more fan input before making such an important decision.

Maybe indecisiveness isn’t so bad. What better way to communicate with fans and find out what they like than by asking them? I can’t tell you how many times I’ve bought a CD, hoping a musician will pick a certain song for their next single and they don’t.



Most people know Kelly as “Katherine Heigl’s husband,” but I am happy to say I bought his first CD when it came out in 2004, thank you very much. Granted, I had just turned 18 at the time, but I'll still throw it in my car and rock out once in awhile. Since then, a lot has changed (for both of us). His style has certainly gotten a bit better and perhaps Heigl is partially to thank – but not completely.

“I usually pick (my clothes) out but I run them by her for sure,” says Kelly when I ask him about his rocker chic attire. “Cause you see, you know I feel that I’m pretty confident with it but if it’s just me on the bus then I can pick it out and be confident with it but if she’s around, I have to show her just incase I’m doing something ridiculous.”

While we may not know what Kelly’s next single is just yet, I can promise that you won’t being seeing any hot girls in the music video. Kelly met Heigl when she was in his music video, so I couldn’t help but ask if Heigl had laid down the law against other music video hotties.

“No, no, no, no, it wouldn’t be like that,” Kelly insists. “But I don’t think I’ll ever film another music video with a hot girl in it. There’s no way that any other girl is going to compare to how hot my girl is.”

Perfect answer. He’s perfect. I don’t care what single he decides on. I’ll buy it.