Thursday, April 17, 2008

STAGE TALK: JOHN MAYER'S JOKES ... DIRRRTY!

"It’s like when you are having phone sex with a girl and you say, I really want to be inside you and she says, fuck me and you say, when you get off I’m gonna fuck you. This is the greatest humor of all times. I’ll tell you why, because the best thing about being famous is that the music is famous, the songs are famous. As soon as you lace into a song, that is more recognized than the words; in some ways than the faces. So you can say anything you want and follow it up with Daughters ... Having a good time at dinner? Why don’t you say we skip desert and let’s get home and get me blown.”

-John Mayer talking to the audience in between songs on stage at the Scleroderma Research Foundation's blacktie dinner event at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills last night. This was right before playing the song Daughters. Um, Awkward.