Saturday, April 26, 2008

HORSE BREEDING IS INTERESTING


One thing I've always known about myself is that I am interested in a lot of different things. Too many sometimes it's hard to keep up. Recently, I was assigned an article on horse breeding where I interviewed billionaire William Casner, co-owner of WinStar Farms. Besides being a horse racing and horse breeding tycoon, he founded Excel with his biz partner Kenny Troutt. Bill and I are like this (crossing my fingers as I type) now. He's a gentlemen to the max, took time out of his incredibly busy life to call up my cell multiple times for the interview and pose for a photo shoot for ESPN mag. Not sure if you're into horse breeding, but I've always said I want to learn about anything and everything and horse breeding was certainly something I learned a heck of a lot about (I mean, honestly, who wants to sound like an idiot when interviewing someone on the Forbes richest people list?!)

Click here for your horse breeding lesson from Mr. Casner.

It's also in ESPN Magazine on news stands now!!!