Thursday, April 24, 2008

PLAYOFFS, KANYE PARTY, MLB BOYS. OH, JUST MY NORMAL DAY



Last night the Arizona D'backs were in town playing the Dodgers and I get a text at 11pm from Justin Upton, who just happened to be on the cover of ESPN a few issues ago. Oh, and the D'backs currently have the best record in baseball. The guys were all going to Hollywood club Area after the game and wanted me to hang. I was just leaving the Lakers playoff game, so I swing by to meet up with Orlando Hudson, Chris Young, Upton and few of their pals. We catch up, chat about the game and laugh at the Hollywood scenesters break dancing. I still don't know why they let me crash another guys night, but hey, I guess some people just enjoy my company. What can I say?

Highlight of the night? When the DJ played Usher's "Love In This Club." You see, that's J-Up and my song. The DJ refused to play it for us at a club when we requested it for Orlando in AZ because it was "too slow." Now I hear the song everywhere.

I snagged some Kanye-looking glasses for the guys and Young promises he'll wear them to the game tomorrow ... we'll see about that. Seriously, this has been the week of Kanye madness. In the last two days I've been to a Kanye West concert after-party, a Lakers playoff game and hung out with a bunch of MLB players ... what the heck?!?! Will someone please tell me when I should wake up?

Better yet, tell me when I can sleep. But whatever, I'm young. So rock on. And please keep it coming world, destiny, karma, energy or whatever is making all this amazingness happen.

For those who wonder why I've been MIA, here's why:

Tuesday:

  • Work @ E! 10-6pm (phone interviews, writing stories, edit meetings, re-launch site)
  • Interview with Ugly Betty's Becki Newton 7pm-8:30pm
  • Dinner with Arash, watch Suns, Spurs game 8:30- 9:30pm
  • Report on Girls Gone Wild Party for E! 10pm-12:45pm
  • Report on Kanye West concert after-party 1am- 2am
  • Write stories and transcribe 2:30am- 4am
  • Sleep 4:30am- 9am

Wednesday:

  • Work @ E! 12pm- 3pm (write stories from last night, prepare for Lakers game, update archive on site)
  • Go to Melrose for celebrity sightings 3pm-5pm
  • Lakers v Nuggets playoff game 5:30pm- 11:00pm
  • Meet up with the Arizona Diamondbacks players at club Area 12am- 2am
  • Go home and write story on playoff game for ESPN 3am- 5:00am
  • Sleep 6am-8:30am

Thursday:

  • Work @ E! 11am- 6pm (check to see which exclusives got picked up, write story on Emile Hirsch, type up celeb sightings, prepare for Coachella)
  • Lunch with mom and sis 1-2pm
  • Take nap at Cristina's 6pm- 6:45pm
  • Dinner with Cristina 7pm-8:15pm
  • Watch taping of the Soup at E! 8:30pm-10:30pm
  • Pack for Coachella 11:30pm- 12:30pm
Friday- Sun:
  • Leave for Coachella Music Festival @ 7am ... get no sleep the entire weekend, celebrate Cristina's b-day, write stories, interview bands, get a nice tan, hang with friends, rock out.