Tuesday, July 22, 2008

MY LOVE OF THE CAGES


The batting cages are my new favorite thing to do. The only place nearby that has them is a place called Boomers, where there is also miniature golf, arcades and wall climbing. Meaning I had to navigate through 75 hyper-active 13 year-olds just to make way over to the cages. Needless to say, it was worth it.

I've worked my way from the 40 mph baseball cage to the 50 mph baseball cage, hit more than 200 balls and by the end of summer, I highly intend to be successfully in the 60 mph baseball cage.

Unfortunately, yet again, I was unable to find anyone who wanted to go with me. It seems, no one else has affection for the cages quite like myself. Not my brother, certainly none of my friends and even my dad, who had first introduced me to the cages at the age of 10, has a hurt shoulder now. Damn you people. Recognize the greatness of the batting cages.