Thursday, July 3, 2008

OH, MY YOUTHFUL INSIGHT


I wrote this in a high school notebook (about the time I took this pic at the ripe age of 16 years-old) and just found it (along with this pic) as I was cleaning out my stuff from high school. I'm pretty sure I had more insight then than I do now. And god damn I was in good shape.

Laugh and the world laughs with you,
Cry and the world becomes the sea,
Dream and you'll lose your reality,
Believe and your dreams become real,
Wish and you will never be satisfied,
Act and you will accomplish satisfaction,
Abstraction is a form of beauty,
And beauty is only a perception,
Fright is only the unknown,
And the odd is only the misunderstood,
Stupidity is believing what you're told,
Intelligence is creating new ideas,
Authority is what you think it is,
Don't question authority, challenge it,
Limitations aren't really there,
And options are endless,
Reality is only a dimension,
Truth is the only thing real,
Death is only the beginning,
And life is what you make of it