Sunday, July 27, 2008

WHY CELEBS SHOULD DRESS LIKE MATT KEMP



Don't expect to see Dodger outfielder Matt Kemp wearing sunglasses indoors like so many other "too cool for school" celebs in H-wood. 


"We don't wear sunglasses in the dark," Kemp explained to me today. "We only wear sunglasses when the sun's out. People wear sunglasses inside when they're hiding something. And I ain't got nothing to hide. You know what I'm saying?" 

(The "we" he was talking about was his Dodger buddy, Juan Pierre, who he sits next to in the locker room).

I couldn't agree more! I never understood why celebs wore sunglasses indoors. If anything, it causes more attention. And it's not like it really hides their face much. We still know who it is.

I saw Kemp at the ESPY's last week and didn't even recognize him at first all dressed up in his suit. And he picked it out all by himself! 

All he needed was some sunglasses like Greg Oden and he'd be set ... but as he explained, no sunglasses indoors. Oh, and for the record, I was joking about wearing the Greg Oden sunglasses.