Friday, May 2, 2008

VIRGO SEEKS SAGITTARIUS


Okay, I'm officially freaked out. I just figured out that the last five guys I've either had a crush on, seriously dated or had a significant relationship with has been a Sagittarius! WTF? I don't even believe in all that weird horoscope stuff necessarily but when I was talking to a past fling and his b-day came up, I realized it was a day after another guy I used to date, which made me decide to look up the b-days of my past serious relationships and the last few guys I've been interested in. Sure enough they all have birthday's within two weeks of each other - and they're all Sagittarius! Soooo weird.

Not sure whether this phenomenon is a good thing or a bad thing. I suppose it's a good thing because it means I have a type ... but it's also a bad thing because well, clearly none of those relationships worked out so maybe I have a serious problem going for the wrong guys.

Not sure how this whole dilemma figures into my future love life, but after obsessing over this bizarre discovery for the past hour, I've come to a solution. I am NEVER going to ask what someone's b-day is. I don't want to know. If they are a Sagittarius, I'll be like, 'great, you're one of those guys.' And if they aren't a Sagittarius, I'll be like, 'um, yeah, you're not my type.' So basically, I don't want to think into things this much. This is all just too confusing ...

Just for kicks I had to see what Yahoo had to say about the love match. Result? Not a bad analysis, actually. Hmmm, perhaps I'm on the right track after all. (But then again, how reliable is Yahoo horoscopes?):

Virgo & Sagittarius (from Yahoo)

When Virgo and Sagittarius join together in a love match, the result is a well-rounded couple. Sagittarius is an explorer who loves to socialize, while Virgo prefers to analyze Sag's discoveries. Both enjoy talking about it with one another. Virgo may demand perfection too soon for Sagittarius's taste, but over time Sagittarius will appreciate a steady and reliable lover whose head isn't always in the clouds.

Virgo and Sagittarius have unique approaches to life; Virgo is more practical and less distracted, while Sagittarius is the energetic explorer. It can be hard for Sagittarius to go along with the pragmatic realism of Virgo. Virgo may have a hard time accepting the Sagittarian energy. Virgo can offer Sagittarius a secure base and keep them on track with their dreams and ambitions. Sagittarius can add variety and new excitement to Virgo's day.

Virgo is ruled by Mercury and Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter. Mercury is about communication, and from Virgo's perspective, analyzing. Jupiter is philosophy, higher learning and travel. These two are about interpersonal communication and can sustain one another. Virgo and Sagittarius can amuse each other by discussing a film or a book in great depth, Virgo focusing on the particulars and Sagittarius commenting on the overall picture.

Virgo is an Earth Sign and Sagittarius is a Fire Sign. Sagittarius wants freedom, while Virgo needs financial strength and domestic stability. Sagittarius is motivated by pure feeling, while Virgo is more of a thinker. As long as they reassure each other that their love for one another is solid and real, their discords can usually be resolved.

Virgo and Sagittarius are both Mutable Signs. They can be spread themselves out over many different tasks, if necessary. It's easy for these two to become interested in the things that the other does. Each has no trouble granting the other the freedom to enjoy things external to the relationship. They have a wonderful, complimentary style of interaction and have no trouble working together.

What's the best aspect of the Virgo-Sagittarius relationship? It's the security they can give one another once they discover their similar lifestyles. They make a wonderful couple once they can teach one another to look at the world through new eyes. As long as they communicate and appreciate what they can learn, theirs will be a stable and happy relationship.