Thursday, May 8, 2008

LUKE STILL HAS LOVE


I can now breathe a sigh of relief. I didn't offend Luke Walton after all. A few days ago (three posts before this to be exact) I emailed Luke a song Dick Banks did about him on ESPN radio. I hadn't heard back so I got nervous. I thought I offended Luke Walton. After countless sleepless nights (okay, perhaps this is a slight exaggeration) I can rest easy. I saw Luke in the Lakers locker room after the playoff game last night (the Lakers killlllled it, sliding past the Utah Jazz 120-110) and I got to the bottom of it.

ME: Luke I have to ask you, did you hear the song?

LUKE: No, I only got it on my phone and then my Apple doesn’t play it! It came up as funky little signs. (He sounds genuinely disappointed and holds up his I-Phone for proof)

ME: Oh, well it’s really good.

LUKE: Is it funny?

ME: It’s hilarious. It talks about you wearing hippie shirts.

Damn, my stupid new computer. It's been attaching all my files weird and I thought it was only doing it with word documents. How is it that no one told me this has been happening for the last month?!

(EDITORS UPDATE: YOU CAN HEAR LUKE'S SONG NOW!)