Friday, May 16, 2008

WELCOME TO THE CITY


I landed in Chicago tonight, (correction: technically it's the morning) Chi-town as I like to say. It's home to the Cubs, White Sox, Bulls and Bears; four teams I grew up loving. Unfortunately I won't be seeing any of those teams while I'm here. Instead, the fam has planned to go to some museums and then tomorrow I'll head to a sports bar in the city to watch the Lakers game.

I have some very exciting news for all of you who have been losing sleep over the Sasha Vujacic song dilemma. Don't worry, he won't be sad for long. The amazing crew at the Dave Dameshek show will be creating a new song about Sasha's awesomeness after all and I will be sure to let you all know when this world premiere will be taking place! If I had something to offer, I would start a contest for the best Sasha Vujacic music video when this song comes out, but I really don't know what you could win ... I'll start brainstorming.

I would like to give a huge thanks to the guys for having me on their radio show yesterday. It's on 710 ESPN weekdays 4- 7pm. You should listen. It's good stuff. You can listen live online too. The whole crew is awesome. The show is awesome. The songs are awesome. It's just brings you to a happy place ...


Perhaps, I'll email him right now and tell him he has a new, positive and celebratory song to look forward to. Then when I'm sitting at a bar in Chicago and Sasha is busy scoring 3's, rallying the crowd and having his best game in the post-season, I'll secretly know the reason why. He'll have made amends.

Last week, Chi-town native Dodgers player Gary Bennett gave me a whole list of good spots to go to while I'm here and now I can't remember any of them. So I'm looking on citysearch for cool sports bars to watch the game.

When I type in "bars" and "Chicago" there are three sponsored links at the top and one of them is for a product called "Prehab" which is supposedly supposed to prevent hangovers. For the sake of this blog, I clicked on the ad. Their slogan is "Because hangovers suck." Honestly, who comes up with this stuff?!?